March 3, 2008
After a little break, we are back with some more smoke from around the European basketball universe.
- A new member of our Euro-NBA All-Interview team is the French Mickael Gelabale. (via www.basket-ball.com)
- Würzburg has been the home team of Dirk Nowitzki. After huge financial trouble, the team is now playing in the fourth division but they still have some magic at the players introduction
- Steal on midcourt, jump in the air and not knowing where to throw the ball, getting it back and winning the game with a three pointer. That all happened to Ed Scott of Kalev/Cramo in the Baltic League this weekend.
- The best plays of February of the Spanish ACB are really worth watching
- Sad news from Portugal where form NT power forward Mike Plowden died coaching a low-division game this week.
- Cibona had some trouble with the foreign players this season. After Larry Ayuso who finished his contract with an SMS, now Tre Kelley got fired after he “missed his plane due to bad weather and a car accident, and was unable to re-check his plane ticket the next day.“
- Tremendous demonstration of power for Real Madrid who defeated Valladolid 114-80. When the final score does not look that huge, the halftime scored was enormous: 70-40.
- How to win a game in 8 seconds
Powered by Sidelines
This post was published on March 3, 2008