May 12, 2008
Holiday weekend in most European countries also means the end of regular season or the beginning of the playoffs all around Europe. So here’s the news that you need to know to start the next week of action.
- PSAK published the payment delays of Greek professional teams. A must-read for professional players. Eurobasket.com has the English version.
- A final note on the Euroleague Final Four: the top 10 plays.
- I asked myself what Wang Zhi Zhi is doing these days. FIBA Europe “found” him in China playing for the national team.
- The German Bundesliga announced a new record for attendance this season: 1,061,743 came to the 306 games this regular season, meaning an average of 3469 spectators per game, a 10% increase over last season. ALBA Berlin topped attendance marks with nearly 7000 people per game. Artland Dragons had the best occupancy at 100%, with every home game a sellout.
- Block of the Year: “Get down, clown, on the windmill dunk,” says Ruben Wolkowyski.
- Another superb dunk from the Italian Lega by Ricky Minard.
- Yet another MVP award on the last day of the regular season for Marc Gasol.
- Something is cooking in Montenegro: Probably the best-ever FIBA Europe headline to describe Omar Cook, the newest addition to the Montenegro national team.
- Ronny Turiaf going for the flagrant foul and ejection against the Jazz.
Powered by Sidelines
This post was published on May 12, 2008