November 7, 2008
- I have been traveling all day yesterday and got home at about 1am. For some reason I really got into the Fantasy League and thought about it the whole time on the trip. Well, my team so called “underperformed”.
- Igor Rakocevic – It looks like Christophe got ALL the glory for picking him, but it was ME who gave him this idea! I know that his ranking of 34 was great and it was the first time I had the top performer of the week on my team. Igor scored 27 points in a 106-65 blowout against ALBA Berlin. He shot 6/6 from the three point line – most of the guy can’t do that from the free throw line.
- Josh Childress messed up his first stats line: 3/6, 0/3, 2/5 FT! which gave him a ranking of 6 points only although he played 34 minutes. In the end Olympiacos lost their first game in the Euroleague competition.
- I wish Europe also had these cool tools the Americans used for their TV broadcast of the Election. We need something like Exit Polls. This would help us for sure to find out if American players such as Josh Childress are either loved, hated or just accepted by their club’s fans. It is hard to believe for Americans why Europeans won’t LOVE guys like Josh – but when you on a club where Papaloukas is the star on the team, people just accept guys like Josh I think.
- Brandon Jennings: First great game in Europe: 18 minutes + 14 points = ranking of 16. Nice job Brandon – also Lottomatica Roma won the game – in case that is also interesting for you.
- Henry Domercant made a little three point show in Montepaschi’s win over FC Barcelona. I saw Henry the first time play in person in Cologne a few years ago when he still was with Dynamo. Of course you think that Henry is American, but I am sure many people do not know that he holds a Bosnian passport. The 2002-03 NCAA Championship scoring leader is looking good in Siena and my faith in Siena grows from game to game.
- Euroleague Tv announcers: I did not follow any games last night, but I followed the games on Wednesday. Our man who did the Efes – Panionios game, did a good jobs, as I think he always does. He even made a funny comment as he pointed out that Miroslav Marinos-Raitsevits (what a name), is a horrible free throw shooter. Quote:” I know now that I said this I am sure I will make a total fool out of myself and he will make both.” Miroslav mad both. “Oh well – of course he makes both and I am the fool”. The Tau – Alba game was done by our friend from last week, who had no idea about anything, but looked better this week – he still has several versions how to say Ansu Sesay’s name though. Overall a better day for Euroleague announcers – unless I missed something last night – I am sure you will tell me in the comments.
- The Portland Trailblazers beat the Houston Rockets in overtime and both teams have Euroleague players in ther starting line up: Louis Scola for the Rockets and Nicolas Batum for the Trailblazers. The guy to watch although is Rudy Fernandez scoring 16 ppg off the bench! Maybe Nicolas will not be the starter that much, since he averages 2 points per game.
- JR Holden speaks about his injury.
- LeBron James got a new sneaker – which is not available in Europe yet.
- Talking about sneakers, Ronaldinho – a soccer, fubol, Fussball – whatever you want to call it – star has Hyperdunk editons. Crazy isn’t it? This guy doesn’t even play basketball! Her eis his FC Barcelona and his AC Milan edition. Call yourself lucky if you even get to see those sneakers in person.
Powered by Sidelines
This post was published on November 7, 2008