Because tonight will be the eternal match-up between the two Spanish powerhouses, Barcelona versus Real Madrid, or even Catalunya versus Castilla. If you have not done your homework, here are a few interesting facts to be prepared for tonight’s game.
The website of the Spanish league brings up some interesting facts of tonight’s game so I do a little recap of the "crucial" information.
- The tonight’s game is the 104th duel between both teams in the ACB. And it is Barcelona that is up 53-51 in victories. For today, as the game is played in Palau Blaugrana, the Catalans are up 29-24 in total at home.
- Some opponents know each other pretty well as they have been teammates before: Kerem Tunceri and Ersan Ilyasova at Ulker in 2004-05, Lazaros Papadopoulos and Jaka Lakovic in PAO and Pepe Sanchez was the backup of Louis Bullock in Malaga in 2004-05
- Louis Bullock needs one more three point shot to reach the barrier of 500 made threes in the ACB
- If you add all the results of this season, including the Spanish Supercup, the Euroleague and the ACB, both teams are exactly at 17 wins and 6 losses.
- Barcelona has not lost one game at home this season, neither in ACB nor in the Euroleague. Except one, against Real Madrid in the Euroleague.
- The only problem I have with the game, is that I can not watch it as it is only broadcasted, as far as I know, on the Spanish TVE2 which is not available over Satellite. So I have to do my watching via ACB TV which has prepared some interviews and previews for the game but also has the newest edition of the R&R show. Watch it, it is worth it…