April 13, 2009
No cigarettes today but we found some nice Easter eggs this weekend. So here we go.
- We will start with the news that former German Bundesliga coach Joe Whelton found a new job, he will be a High School coach in the United States. And he promises “European basketball” for his new team, something that is a bit contradictory for a coach that was known in Germany for his highly American basketball style
- TrueHoop published this link that I could not miss, Zaza Pachulia being the best looking European basketball player of all time
- After the German basketball players protested a few weeks ago against the very limited number of home-grown players in their league, the French basketball players came up with a similar protest action this weekend. Watch the video of the action here. For those who want to read the ideas of the French players Union, check this link.
- The World Team has beaten the US team during the Nike Hoop Summit for the first team in 11 years and the outstanding performance of Dirk Nowitzki in 1998. Milan Macvan lead the World team to a surprising 97-89 win over the highly favorite US selection. Check out some highlights here or here
- According to TheHoop, Darko Milicic said that he wants to play for Olympiacos. The same website reports a similar thing for Marcin Gortat relating comments published by the Orlando Sentinel
- A nice report about the Portsmouth Invitational Camp looking at those “skinny jeans and sport coats” wearing European scouts that are scouting players to add to their teams in 2 to 3 years. Interesting point of view
- Watch the Top10 plays and highlights of March in the German Bundesliga
Powered by Sidelines
This post was published on April 13, 2009