Ah, the mysterious world of Twitter. A couple of days ago, word got out that NBA journeyman/former Alba Berlin guard Bobby Brown had been signed by Asseco Prokom for the 2010-11 season. The main source for the story – as is seemingly so often the case these days – was Brown’s own Twitter page.
Unfortunately, the specific tweet referred to in the mainstream media has now apparently been removed. We can get a picture of Brown’s mental state from his feed, however, as the former Clipper is one of the great stream-of-consciousness tweeters in basketball land.
• 19 September: I wake up every mornin like why am I still in LA..I’m so ready to leave…
• 22 September: I’m bout to b outta here real soon!!!!
• 22 September: I don’t wanna leave, but I gotta go right now. I’ll b back before you kno it!!!!!!!!!
• 23 September, about 4pm EST: Packin up my stuff….
• 23 September, about 5pm EST: @thisisveezy247 I leave Saturday bro.
Welcome back to the Continent, Bobby, and good luck this season!