November 16, 2007
- A replacement for Tanoka Beard is found – well at least center Michael Bradley tries to fill the shoes of Tanoka. Bradley’s resume sounds impressive if you just read that he played for the Raptors, Magic and 76ers in the NBA and won the NCAA championship with Kentucky in 1998. Bradley has played for ALBA Berlin in Germany this season but canceled the contract with the team November 1st. It looks like the club and Michael weren’t really happy with the situation so far.
- Ronny Turiaf, who recently played really well and made it to the Top 10 European Players of the week and is a really, really good dancer, sprained his ankle at practice. He won’t play tonight against the Detroit Pistons which might give Vladimir Radmanovic more minutes.
- We know that 40 points for a player are not always a guarantee for a win. At least Kobe Bryant showed this a few times last year. But is it also possible to be up by 16 points PLUS have a player score 40 points and still lose? Well, Chorale Roanne did exactly this last night in their loss to Fenerbahce Ulker. Maybe we will get a first hand statement from Adam Hess on his Euroleague blog. We would appreciate it Adam!
- We got 65 days left to vote every European player to the NBA All Star game – lets go!
- I am sure a few guys took the beating of the Euroleague fantasy game the last two days. Maybe it is time to check out this tool to improve your team.
- A frequent reader of BallinEurope, Arkadios, made an interesting stats post about the Euroleague. Is anybody surprised that Brose Baskets Bamberg is on top of one category? TURNOVERS ..
- Does the name Tammy Sutton-Brown ring a bell for you? No? Well the WNBA star plays for Fenerbahce in the Euroleague right now. Still doesn’t ring any bells? Well I am sure after you saw this photo of Tammy you will remember her forever. EDIT: This picture takes part in the photo of the year contest of the WNBA … Poor Tammy- I guess it is just fair to post this photo also.
- It looks like the Celtics should have kept Esteban Batista. With Nikola Vujcic out because of a knee injury Esteban is playing well in the domestic league as well as the Euroleague, that it is worth mentioning it for the celticsblog.
- Bad news for Lynn Greer and Olympiakos: Not only did they lose the game against CSKA, where they played pretty good (27 points from Greer), also Lynn Greer got injured during this game. I am not sure what really happened but it looked like he pulled a muscle in his hamstring.
- Does the signing of Jasikevicius make Sani Becirovic want to leave Panathinaikos?
- This weeks’ last cigarette goes to Prokom for signing Jovo Stanojevic. Jovo just left ALBA Berlin where he well be remembered as on of the best center players and joined Belgrad at the beginning of the season – now he is with Prokom Trefl Sopot. Quo vadis, Prokom?
Powered by Sidelines
This post was published on November 16, 2007