BallinEurope continues counting down The 35 Greatest Basketball YouTubes of All-Time today with another five video clips for your
time-wasting pleasure perusal. The criteria used in compiling this list – such as they are – may be found here, along with the 31st through 35th Greatest YouTubes ever.
30. The Barack Obama basketball mix tape. Say what you will about the man’s policies, but the truth is America’s president can beat your leader in a game of hoops any day. And how many heads of state have a YouTube highlight clip?
29. NBA od podstaw, odcinek 13. How great is YouTube? Great enough to bring us a short documentary film on the ABA – in Polish!
28. “White Men Can’t Jump” performed by Riff. Incomprehensibly, this song doesn’t make either official soundtrack and only exists as an extra on certain versions of the DVD. Even if the lyrics don’t make a damn bit of sense, Rosie Perez is in the video. And Rosie Perez is God.
27. Calvin Stadiums – Stay in school. The most charismatic basketball player of all-time has an important message.
26. Godzilla vs. Barkley in the ultimate big-man faceoff plus with insane Japanese promo stuff before it. Note that, as with the Japanese version of Godzilla vs. King Kong, the ending has been changed. The original tag line was “The Lakers are looking for a big man…”
Tomorrow: Numbers 25 through 21 on the ultimate viewing list featuring YouTubes featuring Shaq, Lebron, Tom Chambers and Tony Skinn. (Y’all remember Tony Skinn, don’t you…?)