July 31, 2008
9am here in the States, while Team USA is playing Turkey as a preparation for the Olympics. Here are some random thoughts during the first half:
- LeBron James is a fan of tight jerseys – I mean really tight.
- ESPN commentators sound like Euroleague commentators – if you have followed this blog and the Euroleague TV games, you know what that means in terms of spelling European cities and player names.
- first quarter, 31-30 – meaning no defense by either team, which Team USA will not see at the Olympics when playing teams such as Greece.
- As the ESPN2 moderators tell us, the FIBA ball CAN be smaller or bigger – never heard of something like that.
- Team USA has not learned its lesson – too much one-on-one, with Turkey taking advantage of that during the first quarter.
- According to the commentators, Carmelo Anthony is the best international player in the world.
- Way too many turnovers by Turkey to stay close in the second quarter – they only scored 7 points in the whole second quarter.
- The fans in Macao LOVE Kobe Bryant – even here he got MVP chants right from the beginning.
- Team USA’s full court defense does not work and is no more intimidating – not even to Turkey.
- For Team USA, it might all be about unselfishness, but somebody has to explain to them that playing unselfish and playing as a team is different – I still do not see a team – some great and nice highlight plays though.
- Turkey gave up with about 2:30 remaining in the third quarter.
Powered by Sidelines
This post was published on July 31, 2008