November 5, 2007
A new week always starts with some new cigarettes…
- What a first half during the LNB game between Paris-Levallois and Strasbourg. Both teams combined for an impressive 13/16 (Strasbourg with 8/9 and Paris with 5/7) from three points in these 20 minutes. At the end Paris won and the combined three point shooting dropped to 22/46.
- Even if you don’t understand Italian, you can check out the Basketball magazine Tripla Doppia which you can download here. The musical choice in combination with the images are worth to check it out on www.terza-tempo.org but of course the content is huge too. Who never wanted to see Shaun Stonerook dunk on the tunes of George Harrison’s “I’ve got my mind set on you“.
- Our friend Kerem sent us again some interesting notes from Turkey: James White is still not at the expected level, the 21yr old Omer Asik is playing himself into a future possible NBA draft pick (14ppg, 10rpg, 2.2bpg) and Warren Carter may be a name to remember as the 22 year old PF from Mutlu Aku Selcuk Universite is posting interesting stats with 16ppg and 11rpg.
- Besides the Basket City derby and the Greek rivalry between Panathinaikos and Olympiakos, there was a third big game this weekend between two teams of the same city. And yes, Nikola Pekovic is still dominating at will.
- Super prospect Donatas Motiejunas (2m13 1990) from Lithuania made his debut this weekend in the Baltic League.
- This Monday will start the ULEB Cup with the opening game between ASK Riga and Lukoil Academic. The Riga-Lukoil matchup is also a replay of the very first European continental final ever played, in 1958.
- How to play a pick and roll? Like this I guess!
- All eyes of the Draft experts look to Rodrigue Beaubois when it comes to Cholet in France. But what about the only one year older Nando de Colo? He shot down Hyères-Toulon with 26pts, 10asts and 3stls.
- Hoopsvybe interview with Rico Marconi, an independent International scout.
- The French refs went on strike this weekend. So every game started with a 15 minute delay.
- Former Houston Rocket Vassilis Spanoulis decided the PAO-OLY derby with 27pts, 3rebs and 5asts in just 28mins.
- Just one picture to illustrate the fan support in Basket City during the Derby between Virtus and Fortitudo.
Powered by Sidelines
This post was published on November 5, 2007