- Zydrunas Ilgauskas won’t play for Lithuania at the 2008 Olympics. The AP reports that Cavaliers management refused to give permission to the Lithuanian center to play because of his injury history.
- Omar Cook just got his Montenegrin passport; check out the sliding images here.
- German guard Joe Herber will miss another two months and can forget playing in the 2008 Olympics, after medical staff diagnosed another problem with his injured knee.
- Olimpija Ljubljana signed Damjan Rudez for a 2+1 contract. Rudez averaged 10.5 points, 4.2 rebounds and 1.7 assists per game with KK Split in the Adriatic League this season.
- After moving up to the third German league, FC Bayern Munich switched its licence with Düsseldorf Magic and will play next season in the 2nd German league. The goal for the basketball section of the famous German soccer team is to move up to Bundesliga.
- Spain, Latvia, Belarus and Czech Republic qualified for the Olympic women’s tournament in Beijing.
- The top 10 plays of the Spanish ACB for the full season 2007/2008 — Watch out!!!
- SLUC Nancy finally won the French title and qualified for the Euroleague. Jeff Greer was MVP in a blowout win against Chorale de Roanne this Sunday afternoon.
Powered by Sidelines