August 25, 2008
The Olympics are over and the preseason is now officially launched. Here, the first Monday’s cigarettes of the season.
- The Olympics are over, but here is a picture I wanted to share with our readers. Sarunas, the bloodiest PG in the Olympics.
- I also got the link to this “official” Wallpaper of the Spanish NT. Nothing special you might think, but check out what Ricky Rubio is doing.
- As I found out on Wikipedia, the Euroleague Final Four will be played from the 1st to the 3rd May in Berlin. I can’t remember having seen these dates in an official Euroleague press release yet. For me, these dates are not a good choice at all, because May 1st in Berlin is more known for this than for basketball parties.
- Before the club season starts, there are the qualifiers for the Eurobasket 2009 and some high-level teams are playing there. While only Group A has started so far, we already see a big surprise with Italy at 0-2 after their losses at home against Serbia and in Hungary (!!!).
- Lithuania, after two silver medals in the U18 and U20 competitions, finally won gold with their U16 team after destroying the Czech Republic 75-33 in the Finals. But what an emergence for the Czechs, who were far from this level for a long time.
- Gheorge Muresan, the legendary Wizards center, was in Slovenia this month to sign a deal with And1 to represent the brand in his home country of Romania. And yes, Gheorge still has the most extraordinary smile in this galaxy.
- A big respect to Robbe of the IBN Forums for his Euroleague salaries table.
Powered by Sidelines
This post was published on August 25, 2008