- US born AJ Moye, who plays in Tübingen (Germany) recorded some kind of Dating Video. It did not help him however to get destroyed by Caleb Green who scored a season record 40pts in the Bundesliga.
- The German team Köln 99ers is really attracting some serious problems at the moment. Besides their already known financial problems, a mother of one of the cheerleaders died of an heart attack in the arena before this weekend’s game against EnBW Ludwigsburg.
- The Euroleague Top 16 Draw will be held today Monday at 12h45 CET. If you want to follow live whom your team will get as opponents, there will be a Live Video Stream on the Euroleague Website.
- Everybody knows about the rivalry between Zalgiris Kaunas and Lietuvos Rytas. Now it looked a bit like a signing war this week between the two teams as both of them added some former NBA talent to their rosters. Damir Markota vs Jackson Vroman. At least both of them rival already with the typical senseless phrases to describe their motivation.
- It was all Pozzecco in this week’s Italian Top 10. Assist of the year candidate and lucky shot candidate too.
- The best plays of January in Spain
- All the important youth tournament dates can be found here
- An important week in European basketball is ahead with the Spanish Copa del Rey, the French Semaine des As and Italian Cup Final 8.
- I really love the Interbasket Forum. It is one of the best places to get the latest rumors. But this thread made me laugh really loud. Come on guys, even for Off-Topic, this is not the place to discuss such things.
You Might Also Like
Eric15 years ago
As a Purdue alum, AJ Moye really got on my goat when he was playing for IU. However, I will still remember his second-to-last appearance in Mackey Arena in 2003 when he was held under his average, finishing with 11 points, and the Boilermakers came away with a 69-47 victory, thanks to a stellar performance from Willie Deane (now with Lukoil Academic of Sofia), who had 18 points and eight boards, the Boilers’ leading rebounder (as a guard!). Any time he turned the ball over, committed a foul, or made any other mistake, we in the Gene Pool (the student section named after coach Gene Keady, now called the Paint Crew after current coach Matt Painter) would mock the IU fans by chanting “A-J MO-YE!! (clap-clap-clap-clap-clap).” Good times in West Lafayette!
Interestingly, his teammate and roommate last season in Tübingen was another player on that Purdue team, Matt Kiefer, who has been the leading scorer for Gijón in the Spanish LEB Plata (third division of Spanish basketball, I know) this season until his arthritic knees started acting up again.
As for the example you cited, that’s another example of “mid-major” talent making a splash, as Caleb Green (Oral Roberts) destroyed, as you say, AJ Moye (Indiana). Just so you know, Oral Roberts University was founded by the televangelist (portmanteau of “television” and “evangelist”) of the same name to help build his fundamentalist Protestant ministry. There are quite a few of those over here. 😉ReplyCancel
15 years ago
Thanks Eric for these interesting additional infosReplyCancel