After a short version last Monday, we are back now with a full force of tasty, smoky cigarettes.
- “At the end of the day, it is here where I am doing what I always expected, what I was supposed to do when I was young, before the injury: to be a leader of one of the important teams in Europe,” says Sani Becirovic.
- AJ Milano came up with an incredible Euroleague win this week by coming back against CSKA Moscow from a huge deficit; it reminded the fans of the former Olimpia Milano team of a memorable win in 1987, when Mike D’Antoni was a member of the team. Marco Mordente gives more details about this game in his blog.
- Check out the best and sexiest cheerleaders in the Euroleague competition.
- Ricky Rubio is back after his first real injury. He may be handicapped still but his handles are still great.
- Talkbasket.net relates an article from the Italian newspaper La Stampa saying that Ettore Messina could become the new head coach of the Toronto Raptors. When this might be was not mentioned, so this information is pretty useless, as this rumor seems pretty obvious to become serious possibility this summer.
- French newspaper L’Equipe tells us that Turkey may have some problems in the organization of the World Championships 2010. This were talks that came up during the FIBA General Assembly in Geneva this weekend. It is no surprise that French media like to publish such news, as the “defeat” of the candidature for this event has been traumatic for the French federation.
- Do Greeks prefer Italy to Spain? At least this seems to be the case for Lazaros Papadopoulos. The Greek center, who had become more well-known for his big-time spearfishing photos than for playing basketball since signing with Real Madrid, scored 19 points and grabbed 14 rebounds in his first game with Fortitudo Bologna. This represented more points and rebounds than in his entire season in the ACB.
- Times are really tough right now for Brandon Jennings: While his team has not lost in the Euroleague since their opener in Berlin, Lottomatica Roma has not won a game in the domestic league since November 2nd.
Powered by Sidelines