January 12, 2009
Here we go for another round of cigarettes to start the final week of the regular Euroleague season.
- Former Denver Nuggets International scout and now also former Head coach of the German team Giessen 46ers gets really loud during a time-out. It was his last game with the German team as he got fired after the defeat against Braunschweig
- Chris Warren is always ready to travel the globe
- The French basketball magazine MaxiBasketnews published its already traditional survey among the coaches. Besides voting for normal titles like Most Improved Player (Ludo Vaty) or the best Sixth Man (Rashaun Freeman), the most interesting part is always the more specific categories. Vincent Massingue got elected “most vicious player”, Laurent Sciarra got the title as “worst defender”, Tony Stanley got the “Trash talk” award while Dee Spencer got the honorific title as “most over-estimated” player.
- What a shot by Chuck Eidson
- The French Basketball Federation has now an official Channel on Dailymotion
- In Italy, Montepaschi continues its incredible winning streak by still remaining unbeaten in 14 Championship games. On the other hand, Brandon Jennings continues to get big minutes under coach Gentile in Rome. The US born guard finished the game against Air Avellino with 8 points but a -11 differential.
- After the brutal anti-Israeli incidents before the Turk Telekom versus Bnei Hasharon Eurocup game last week, the disciplinary commission of the Eurocup competition has decided that Turk Telekom needs to play one home game in an empty gym and the game will be sanctioned with 20-0 for the Turkish team as Bnei Hasharon refused to play.
Powered by Sidelines
This post was published on January 12, 2009