January 19, 2009
The Euroleague regular season is over. However, this does not mean that we’re out of cigarettes to smoke. Let’s check out what’s going on…
- OK, let’s begin with a Euroleague note. If you want to go to the Euroleague Final Four games in Berlin, but only if your team qualifies, this site may be the thing for you. There you can buy options for tickets for the big weekend in May.
- SCANDAL in Germany! The Artland Dragons were leading a fan vote organized by website sport1.de, a major player in German Sports media, for Team of the Year 2008, holding a massive lead until the final day of polling. However, at the end of the polls, the Dragons were disqualified because of “manipulation” of the votes. In fact, the fans of the Artland Dragons and basketball fans in general voted massively (multiple times) in favor of the team in a vote that had no rules concerning multiple votes. After Sport1.de published results showing the Dragons finishing last in the voting, the protests were enormous. The story ended with Sport1.de publishing a “cleaned-up” version of the results with the Dragons finishing 8th with 176 votes (rather than the initial 15,000) just in front of the German military horse-riding team and the four-woman kayak team. Sport1.de also honored the team with having the best fan community. Scandalous!
- One of the best ACB Top 5 clips of the season.
- A presentation clip for the EL Final Four in Berlin.
- What does the name BG74 Göttingen mean to you? Nothing? Well, they the leaders of the German Bundesliga, right? And one of the guys who at least responsible for the spectacular plays is Roderick “Rocky” Trice.
- The weekly Brandon Jennings watch: DNP.
- What’s going on with Panathinaikos? The Greens lost in Marousi, 80-70.
Powered by Sidelines
This post was published on January 19, 2009