March 2, 2009
Here we go for the next round of tasty cigarettes on a Monday morning. A weekend that was filled with some protest, strange defeats and good looking plays.
- We have talked already about the possibility to see Larry Brown as possible coach for the French National team. This looked a bit strange in the beginning but it seems that Larry Brown is interested for real to integrate the staff of the French NT, even if it is not as coach but in a role to be defined.
- It’s has been a week ago but here are the Top10 plays of the Copa del Rey
- Partizan fans welcome their team back from Malaga at the airport in Belgrade. Additionally, Partizan is set for breaking the season’s attendance record as the team will play their game against Panathinaikos in the huge Belgrade Arena.
- A tough night for the leaders of the French League where all the three best placed teams lost this weekend. ASVEL at home against Rouen, Orléans badly at home too against Chalon and Nancy did not better by being defeated in Le Havre.
- While in Germany is played the Top4 Cup Tournament this week, there is at the same time scheduled the 23rd day of the regular season of the Bundesliga. But this is probably the most split up game day ever as the 9 games are scheduled on 8 different days going from the 26th February throughout March and April to have the last match-up programmed on the 5th May. By the way, the player’s union SP.IN organized a protest during the Top4 tournament and the two first offenses of the semi-final were not played by the 10 guys on court.
- Learn Greek with Papas and J-Chill
- Coming back to Germany which is probably the only league that only features one domestic player in the Top50 (!!!) scoring ranking
- We had already the shot of the year, but this one seems to top everything (found on the Swedish Basketball Television Blog)
Powered by Sidelines
This post was published on March 2, 2009