May 11, 2009
Before going to bed, here are a few stories from the weekend that I think are worth mentioning.
- French national team coach Vincent Collet published a shortlist of 29 players for the upcoming Eurobasket 2009 qualifiers.
- Staying in France, Yohann Sangaré said in an interview with Basketnews.net that he is not really happy with his situation in AJ Milano at the moment: There are games where I play, and there are games where I don’t play. I have to accept it, but it is tough. It is the decision of the coach. I accepted it this year but I don’t think I will accept it next season. I am not in his plans, even during practices. I think that he makes his choices beforehand, and doesn’t adapt to what happens during the game.
- We arrive in Italy, where Fortitudo Bologna has to go down to Lega Due next season after their loss against Teramo this weekend. And it looks like there were some decisions that were not accepted by the Bologna bench. Several players got in big trouble with the fans as well, and Jamont Gordon even threw a clipboard into the stands. We will have more on this during the week.
- In Germany, ALBA Berlin finished the season with an important win over EWE Baskets Oldenburg to clinch the top spot of the regular season in front of more than 12,000 fans. Additional good news for the team was a new record average attendance over the season with more than 9300 fans per game and a contract extension for Immanuel McElroy.
- Draftexpress.com published a first list of players that will be featured in the Reebok Eurocamp 2009 in Treviso.
- The Top 10 plays and highlights of April from the German Bundesliga.
Powered by Sidelines
This post was published on May 11, 2009