August 12, 2008
The first day of the Olympic Men Basketball tournament is history and this night started the 2nd day of the competition. Here are the latest short stories we found around the net.
- The US Blogger scene is discovering the Lithuanian fans. And they win big time when it comes to creativity against the other nations that have arrived in Beijing.
- Talking about Lithuanian fans, their most known fan Sekla has also traveled to China.
- For the German speaking people, some NT players and staff members are blogging from Beijing. For those, who don’t understand, they can just watch the pictures.
- Staying with Germany, Dirk Nowitzki was going for some fun when talking about the upcoming game against Spain which will be played at 9 o’clock in the morning local time: On Thursday against Spain we are playing at 9 AM. This is normal, but only if you are playing on U20 tournament for place somewhere around 25th.
- Kobe Bryant thought that he should be funny too and said that he did not dunk five times in a game since High School after the China blowout. To be honest, I don’t think that this will happen again during the tournament.
- Team USA was visiting the Great Wall. Chris Bosh considered it as a “great workout“
- Did you know that the nickname of the Lithuanian forward Linas Kleiza was “Seksas”. Well the appearance of videos on youtube with Kleiza’s best plays of the opener with Right Said Fred’s “I’m too sexy” in the background just confirmed it.
- After the Washington Post revealed how LeBron James was greeting George Bush (found on TrueHoop), here you can see how Spanish Tennis Legend Rafael Nadal greets his royal highness Prince Felipe of Spain during the Olympic basketball tournament.
Powered by Sidelines
This post was published on August 12, 2008