August 7, 2008
With the highly awaited Olympic basketball tournament approaching, here are some of the thoughts I found throughout the internet about the mega-event in Beijing.
- Dirk Nowitzki will finally be the German flagbearer. The Dallas Mavericks superstar was selected by the national Olympic committee and, despite some disappointment among other potential candidates, this choice is the right one for most Germans.
- Staying with Germany, some members of the team shaved the Olympic rings into their hair, with Dirk showing the way to go.
- After Kobe Bryant’s declaration that Team USA is going to shut down Spain and his teammate Pau Gasol, the Spanish leader replied by saying that Kobe is funny.
- Kris Santiago gives us a great update on the Angolan team in his FIBA.com blog.
- The Olympic games also feature a high-quality women’s basketball tournament. Thanks to the FIBA’s wide coverage of the preparation, you can learn about the main players of this tournament. Here are Maria Stepanova, Penny Taylor and Lisa Leslie.
- The Chinese basketball fans went crazy when Team USA arrived in Beijing.
- Yao Ming also did his job for the home country by participating at the torch relay.
- Lithuania is ready for the Olympics
- Former NBA player and Tim Hardaway’s mate John Amaechi speaks about the Olympics in his role as UK Amnesty International ambassador
- ESPN’s “international guru” Fran Fraschilla already takes a look at the possible 2012 Olympic Team for the United States.
Powered by Sidelines
This post was published on August 7, 2008