December 15, 2008
Yeah, Christmas is coming closer and the Euroleague is in full force, right? Ricky plays again and immediately wins against Brandon. What better moment for some smoky cigarettes on a Monday morning?
- Even USA Today reported (through Jonathan Givony) on the Ricky versus Brandon game.
- French magazine Basketnews reported a very nice story about the San Antonio Spur Bruce Bowen. When playing in 1995 in France, Bruce Bowen was a member of Evreux in the French second division. In a Cup game against powerhouse Pau-Orthez, Evreux was up by 20 but finally lost in the end due to foul trouble and short rotation. After the game, Bowen and head coach Michel Veyronnet had a altercation in the locker room, as Bowen slammed the coach for bringing in a youth player in the final minutes. In response, coach Veyronnet threw his clipboard at Bowen in frustration and it was only the team president’s intervention that prevented a real fight. Seven years later, Veyronnet and Bowen met at a camp organized by Tony Parker. And despite not having seen or talked to each other during the time, Bowen talked to his former coach and told him that he wanted to apologize for all he had done to him. Christmas is approaching, you know…
- I still remember an edition of the former French Basketball magazine MaxiBasket having an introductory picture of the University of Massachussetts Christmas trip to Strasbourg in 1994. Lou Roe was featured in that picture and presented as a future NBA star. Today, 14 years later, Lou Roe is still playing basketball in Spain and ACB TV prepared a nice clip on the former Minuteman.
- Watch here the Top 10 plays from France in November.
- I knew that there are some crazy fans in Greece, but thanks to YouTube, I now know that Sigal Prishtine of Kosovo seems to be pretty hot, too.
- Rasheed Wright wins his second game on the buzzer for Poitiers in the French Pro B. And gets naked again…
- Yarone told me a nice story about a nice game from Israel that happened this weekend. Maccabi Rishon played against Hapoel Jerusalem, with hosts Rishon going an incredible 0-for-0 at the FT line. It was the first time ever that a team was not credited at least one free throw in a professional game in Israel. Additionally, another nice story from the game was the fact that Hapoel made a 19-2 run in the 2nd quarter to go up 41-14. At that moment, Rishon’s coach brought in some youngsters that even managed to get the momentum back with a 7-0 run. At the end, it was Hapoel that won, but only by seven points.
- Why Goran Dragic is the worst point guard in the NBA.
- Finally, we have no player fights this week but Turow Zgorzelec head coach Saso Filipkovski who hit a fan after the loss against AZS this weekend. No video evidence is available but, judging by the blood stains on the floor, it seems to have been a pretty tough fight. Filipovski was suspended despite his claim of self-defense.
Powered by Sidelines
This post was published on December 15, 2008