It’s Monday morning and that means news! A handful of news briefs, columns and video to tip off your own week this week. Enjoy!
• The biggest domestic-league game of the weekend? How about Panathinaikos vs. Olympiacos in Greece on Sunday? Behind Josh Childress (6-of-9 shooting to got with 10 rebounds), Olympiacos prevailed, 87-76, to become the league’s only 5-0 team. Panathinaikos was dropped to 4-1 and into a tie with Panellinios after the loss. Childress will be leaving the team for an indeterminate period to attend the funeral of his father, who died on Friday.
• ESPN’s J.A. Adande contributed a nice (if short) piece on Linas Kleiza to True Hoop, with the inevitable question of “Will more NBA players jump to top European leagues?”
• Like, for example, Darko Milicic (who said “The NBA for me is not the way that I want to be. Looking forward, the stuff that I’m looking for is for me to play and for to me enjoy playing. I think right now the only spot for me is Europe”)…
• …but not Ersan Ilyasova (who, for the Milwaukee Bucks, is “not even the same guy that was here before”).
• Finally, some neat thievery and ball-handling from Omri Casspi: