In advance of the Los Angeles Lakers-FC Barcelona game next week, fans of both teams in Europe are helping make Pau Gasol’s NBA jersey one of the hottest items among The Continent’s basketball faithful.
Gasol reached no. 4 on the NBA’s official list of jersey sales in Europe. The list was compiled from sales at major clothing and sports paraphernalia outlets throughout the continent. Traditional big-seller Dirk Nowitzki dropped a bit to no. 9, passed by Andrea Bargnani and Jose Calderon but nipping Tony Parker, Danilo Gallinari and Joakim Noah, who rounded out the top 12.
The top 15 runs as follows:
1. Kobe Bryant, Los Angeles Lakers
2. LeBron James, Cleveland Cavaliers
3. Dwyane Wade, Miami Heat
4. Pau Gasol, Los Angeles Lakers
5. Kevin Garnett, Boston Celtics
6. Andrea Bargnani, Toronto Raptors
7. Jose Calderon, Toronto Raptors
8. Dwight Howard, Orlando Magic
9. Dirk Nowitzki, Dallas Mavericks
10. Tony Parker, San Antonio Spurs
11. Danilo Gallinari, New York Knicks
12. Joakim Noah, Chicago Bulls
13. Chris Paul, New Orleans Hornets
14. Paul Pierce, Boston Celtics
15. Carmelo Anthony, Denver Nuggets
Bryant’s Lakers gear was also the no. 1 seller in America and China, but here’s an official BallinEurope Fearless Prediction™ for you: LeBron’s Miami Heat duds land King James the throne in all three regions after the 2010-11 sales are totaled up.