December 26, 2007
After Julien already exposed one of his wishes with an European All-Star game, I thought about what I would really like to happen in 2008. Here are a few thoughts (without any order) about what I really would love to see.
- Siena going to the Final Four. I really would like to see a "smaller" team to qualify for the Round of the Last 4 in Madrid. It is possible but the road will be hard against powerhouses like Real Madrid, CSKA Moscow or Panathinaikos
- Roanne qualifying for the Top16. I like always the Cinderella teams even if they will have no chance in the second round. However, it is always refreshing to see them playing big games
- The new arena in Bonn. The German team is known for having great fans. And they build their own arena, totally owned and financed by the Club. And it looks like it is going to be huge when 6000 "magenta boys" will be in there
- Nikola Pekovic continuing to dominate. I really like his old school Center play scoring only from inside and doing back to the basket moves. If he ever moves to the NBA, he can surely do something over there but his game is perfect for Europe. I can’t wait to see the frontcourt of Pekovic assembled to Milan Macvan in a few years.
- Having a unique interpretation of offensive fouls. I mean, you see some guys still can take a charge with flopping or dancing around screens. On the other hand players get an O for spreading their legs at a three point attempt. Please define clearly what is allowed or not. And please refs, have a unique interpretation of that.
- Win the Ballineurope Fantasy League. Okay, this may be a very personal dream and I know it will be hard. But I still believe in a big run in the second half and do a huge comeback to the top. At least, I hope that Julien won’t win it because I don’t want to hear this for years that he is the best manager of our team.
Powered by Sidelines
This post was published on December 26, 2007