What else are you doing on this Sunday (BiE means between this afternoon’s ACB games and tonight’s domestic league action, that is)…? Check out a few videos posted to the ‘net this week, courtesy (mostly) of YouTube and BallinEurope…
• Let’s start at the top. Definitely worth another view is the Euroleague’s “Top 5 plays” video for a wild slate of games two which saw the visitors (including BiE’s dark horse pick Power Electronics Valencia – yes!) sweep. Hard to believe that Jeremy Pargo nailing the game-winning for Maccabi Tel Aviv doesn’t top the chart, but then again, Caja Laboral Baskonia’s Estaban Batista totally breaks the shock and awe with a wicked rejection.
Also starring D’Or Fischer, Malik Hairston, Clay Tucker, Fran Vazquez, and a very posterized Richard Hendrix.
• And just because the Euroleague’s heading into the homestretch, here’s one from the ever-successful “I feel devotion” campaign, starring the EL players themselves – those that can manage English pretty well, anyway.
• Speaking of promotion, Friday before last, Arvydas Sabonis was in Moscow promoting Eurobasket 2011, visiting folks and surely giving about a zillion interviews.
• Is Real Madrid the heart attack team of Europe…? After splitting a pair of six-point games with PE Valencia that both were too close for fandom’s comfort plus the now-infamous 69-68 loss to Unicaja, the host Madridistas barely managed to survive upset-minded Gran Canaria 2014 last night. Spotting the Canaries a 10-point lead early and a nine-point lead at halftime, Real let Sergio Llull take over in the second half to much success.
While the average ACB game has resulted in a seven-plus point win for Real and the team stands in second place, the side is 8-4 against the ACB’s top eight, with a combined scoring differential of just +9 points.
• Pau Gasol pledged to donate $1,000 per point he scored against the Los Angeles Clippers last Friday night. Below runs the play that got a couple of Gs sent overseas with an effortless dunk from the big man after an awesome no-look pass from Lamar Odom – just another highlight from a game full of ‘em.
• Here’s a weird clip plugging YouTube’s “Search Stories,” the potential of which we can only imagine at present – here’s to thinking someone’ll create something viral with Search Stories really soon. Incidentally, if you’re interested in what a googling of “Tamika Catchings fan club” gets you, here it is.
By the way, what is Charles Barkley drinking there, anyway?
• Finally, here’s one for the cat lovers out there. And even the cat haters, really.